Know more about our initiatives
AWHPI places a great emphasis on awareness and advocacy as a cornerstone of advancing women’s health. Each month, it focuses on a health issue and gathers experts in webinars, panels and events, to advance the dialogue on health issues, raise awareness on prevention of different types of diseases, and enable women to have access to information from experts in the field. All events are open to the public and aim to advance knowledge in this area. In October, AWHPI pioneered the Learn Pink campaign focused on breast cancer awareness, in November, it launched a Diabetes awareness information session to advance the knowledge on the disease and how to address it. In the following months, various awareness sessions will be organized tackling various chronic and non-chronic illnesses.
AWHPI Health Conference & Symposium
Nurturing a Helping Hand of Hope
The Africa Health Conference and Symposium – A State of Healthcare for Women in Africa, where providers meet and share information, also included free health screening, cultural exchange, fashion show, investment opportunities in Africa, and collaborative partnership of the US Medical Doctors with the African-trained Doctors and other healthcare professionals. The sole purpose of the conference is to aid in the bringing free health care delivery to the women of Africa. The plight of African women regarding their health is one that we cannot all pretend to notice, hence the need to reach out to them with relief materials.
The conference focused on often unrecognized health threats experienced by women and feature workshops on a range of health topics including cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, breast health, violence against women and mental health. The action-oriented workshops will provide opportunities for collective thinking and creative problem-solving and are designed to:
- Increase awareness about health issues of women of African descent
- Increase knowledge of strategies to promote positive health outcomes
- Explore current prevention strategies, including strength-based approaches that work in various communities
- Foster community partnerships to identify and implement the best practices to target prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases that disproportionately affect women of African descent
In addition to the free health screening, International Fashion Show, and entertainment; plenary sessions will include:
- Violence Against Women: Current Strategies for Prevention and Intervention
- From the Eyes of Women: Reflect, Redefine, Rethink, Recreate, and Revive
- Overcoming Challenges: Through Education and Commitment Plenary Session Topics:
- Embracing Wellness in all aspects of our lives
- Heart Disease: The undiagnosed Killer of Women of African Descent
- HIV/AIDS in the African-American community
- Diabetics: Meal Planning for health eating in the African-American Communities
- We Matter Forum…Vitamin D in your diet – the battle to defeat bone deficiency
- Strengthening your Immune System
- Know your Numbers… Fitness and wellness check and workout
- Take Charge of your Health
Please continue to visit our site for periodic updates.
AWHPI is a Registered and Incorporated 501(c)3 organization in Arkansas. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law, and all donors will receive an acknowledgement letter confirming their gift. We look forward to seeing you at the Conference. For additional information and inquiries, please call us at (501) 563-8865 or email: email@example.com.
FOR THE LOVE OF AFRICA
Royal Benefit Ball
For the Love of Africa – Royal Benefit Ball is the annual fundraising event of African Women’s Health Project International (AWHPI) to benefit Women and Children with HIV/AIDS in Africa, while at the same time honoring Arkansans who are doing outstanding humanitarian deeds for the people of Africa.
They are “The Ambassador of Hope for Africa…” for providing medical equipment and supplies to assist with their basic medical care needs.
Proceeds from the Royal Ball benefited women and children battling the HIV virus…Part of the proceed will be used to set up women empowerment program in the form of Scholarships finances for mothers diagnosed with the HIV virus so that they can take better care of their health and family.
2011 HONOREES INCLUDE:
- Health/Education: Dr. Phillip Leon Rayford, Chairman, UAMS College of Medicine (Posthumously) 1927-2002
- Humanitarian: Mr. Sherman Banks, President Emeritus, Sister Cities International
- Community Service: Chief Robert & Mrs. Lela Brown, Chief Elder, Imani Temple of Arkansas
- Outreach/Empowerment: Dr. Groesbeck Parham. President, Friends of Africa
- Arts/Culture: Korto Momolu, Fashion Designer (Project Runway Finalist)
- Mission Field: Missions Outreach, First United Methodist Church Little Rock
- Mission Field: Missions Outreach, Trinity Assembly of God Mission Church
AWHPI is a 501(c)3 charity organization with its headquarter in Little Rock, Arkansas and international headquarter in Lagos Nigeria. All donations are 100% tax-deductible.